Can Plivo record audio for debugging purposes?
Troubleshooting quality issues on a call
If you’re having call quality issues, try troubleshooting the issue by following these steps.
- Check whether your device’s microphone and headset are working properly.
- Check whether there is enough bandwidth on the network for your call.
- Check whether the bandwidth available is enough for the number of simultaneous calls happening on the network.
- Are voice packets prioritized over the data packets? If not, for better call quality we suggest prioritizing voice packets over data.
- Are the endpoint users running any other applications or websites that are consuming the available bandwidth?
If you still experience call quality issues, please open a ticket with the Plivo support team.
Why is there an echo on my calls?
There are a few reasons why you might be hearing an echo while on a call.
- from the caller to the Plivo platform or
- from Plivo to the underlying carrier or
- from the underlying carrier to the call recipient
- Headset or microphone issues
- The caller is close to the call recipient
- Other telecom factors involved in a call
Please create a ticket with Plivo’s support team with call samples if you experience echo on your calls.
Why do my calls sound choppy?
VoIP call quality depends on the following factors:
- Caller and receiver network connection
- Local network setup
- Caller’s and receiver’s phone networks
- Plivo’s underlying carrier
Check the factors that can be diagnosed on your side, and if you can’t resolve the issue, please create a ticket with Plivo support.