In compliance with the latest rules from the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) that require carriers to detect and block scam calls, calls with CLI (caller ID) prefixes +6113, +611300, +611800, and +611900 are rejected originating out of the Plivo network.
What are the restrictions on outbound calling toward Australia?
What are the restrictions on calling toward China?
What are the restrictions on outbound calling toward China?
- Chinese numbers cannot be used as “from” numbers for outbound calling purposes.
- Plivo recommends ensuring an average call duration of three minutes or more. Strict spam monitoring and general restrictions on VoIP in China mean that numbers involved in calls of less than three minutes have a high probability of being blocked.
- If you have a high volume of unanswered outbound calls, it’s likely that calls will be blocked.
- Don’t make calls from modified, spoofed, or restricted origination numbers.
- Customers in need of making outbound calls to China should submit their use case and business requirements to Plivo Support/Sales for assessment.
- Avoid high volumes of repeated calls from the same origin number within one hour.
- Don’t use a toll-free number, as your calls will be blocked.
The use of Hong Kong caller IDs for outbound calls in China is presently restricted.
What are the restrictions on inbound calling toward China?
Chinese numbers can be called only from international, non-Chinese numbers. Any inbound calls with a Chinese caller ID will fail.
What are the restrictions on caller ID?
You must use Plivo phone numbers as the caller ID for your outbound calls. We no longer support using a non-Plivo number as the caller ID. We’ve implemented this restriction to prevent fraud and ensure compliance with the guidelines set by our operators.
If you attempt to use a non-Plivo number as the caller ID for outbound calls, your calls may fail with a hangup cause of “unknown_caller_id.” Our documentation provides more information on Zentrunk hangup causes.
You have two options to obtain Plivo numbers: You can rent numbers through the Plivo console or use our Buy a Phone Number API to acquire new numbers. If you have existing numbers, you can port them to Plivo, ensuring seamless connectivity for your outbound calls.
If you have a use case that requires the use of a non-Plivo number as the caller ID, please contact our support team for assistance. We’ll help you find a solution that meets your requirements.