In this guide, we explain the different sections of your Plivo invoice. You can access your invoices from the invoice section of our billing page on the console.
Below is a sample invoice for a prepaid customer. The invoice includes:
- Invoice summary
- Usage and payment summary
This first section of your invoice contains the following information:
- Usage summary ID: A unique identifier for each month’s invoice
- Invoice generation date: 1st day of the month in which invoice is generated
- Name and email: Account name and email address, which can be edited in your user profile
- Auth ID: Your unique authentication identifier to use all the Plivo services. You can read more about it in this guide.
- Billing address: The billing address associated with your account. Plivo uses this address for tax calculation purposes. You can update your billing address anytime using the billing section of the Plivo console.
- Bill duration: Corresponds to the start and end dates of the month for which the invoice was generated.
Usage and payment summary
The usage summary appears below the invoice summary section and provides a summary of monthly usage broken out by Plivo product. You can see these sections in this summary:
- Usage charges: These are either the pay-as-you-go or volume pricing charges that you incur by using Plivo products (such as SMS API, Voice API, and phone numbers) and services.
- Recurring charges: These are charges that are billed to your account at monthly intervals, such as Plivo phone numbers, shortcode rentals, and Plivo support plans.
- Taxes: Plivo calculates applicable state and local sales taxes, telecommunication taxes, and other taxes and fees on the sale of our services, in correlation with customers' billing addresses. See our tax FAQ for details.
- Total charges: This is the sum of total usage charges, recurring charges, and taxes.
- Total payments: This figure reflects the total amount that has been paid for the month’s invoice.
- Carrier Surcharge Fee: These are surcharges on SMS and MMS traffic imposed by US and Canadian carriers. The surcharge fees are different for each mobile carrier and vary by the message type and number type. See our Surcharges and Fees page for details.