Plivo provides voice and messaging communication services in more than 190 countries, each of which has local laws about telecommunication services, and we partner with carriers worldwide whose policies we need to be compliant with. To ensure compliance with regulations, and prevent scenarios of SMS phishing and unsolicited voice calls, we have put measures in place to proactively verify account signups on the Plivo platform.
Why was my Plivo account signup put on hold?
Plivo is required to comply with local laws for telecommunication services around the globe. To ensure compliance with such regulations globally, we perform a risk assessment on all signups from new potential customers. If our assessment indicates a high risk, we may put a business on a hold list, indicating that we are unable to provide service to them at this time.
How can I get my account off the hold list?
If your signup is placed on hold and you think this was done in error, you can raise a reassessment request with our support team with the required details, but we may not be able to accommodate all such requests.
To increase your chances of having restrictions limited, please attach additional evidence (images, documents, or links) that indicates the legitimacy of your business, such as:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Employer identification number (EIN)
- Business card
- Better Business Bureau membership (in North America) or Financial Services Register (FCA) listing (in the UK)
- Screenshot of your application or platform
- Mentions of your business or application in the press
- For individuals, listing page on sites like Fiverr or Upwork or LinkedIn profile
At what stage does Plivo apply restrictions to an account?
Plivo may place restrictions on an account at the time of signup. Even after the signup our internal systems continuously review each account for anomalies. This may lead to your account being put under restrictions at a later time as well. If we apply restrictions to your account, we’ll send you an email detailing that and steps for you to raise a reassessment request.
How can I check whether my account has any restrictions?
You will be able to see an alert message when you log in to the Plivo console.
To request a change in account restrictions, please raise a ticket with our support team and include these mandatory details:
- Company name
- Company website
- Use case details (e.g. OTP, order tracking)
- Plivo services interested in (e.g. SMS or voice APIs, Zentrunk)
- If interested in SMS, provide a sample message
- Countries to which you intend to send traffic
- Estimated units per month
- Estimated spend per month
Our accounts team reviews requests and should be able to provide you an update within 5-7 business days.
My request was rejected — what could be the reasons?
We reject cases where not enough details were provided to our support team. Plivo also has a zero-tolerance policy for certain practices, and all requests related to them are immediately rejected:
- Use of credit credits that are flagged by our payment provider
- Carrier complaints regarding content and traffic
- Phishing, spamming, and content not in accordance with our terms of service and acceptable use policy
- Procuring a large quantity of numbers on an account without any proportionate outbound usage of voice calls or SMS.
If our team doesn’t think that restrictions should be lifted, they will reject your request. We do not provide the reason for the rejection.
How can I request a reevaluation of my account restrictions?
Plivo ensures that all account requests are thoroughly reviewed and customer interests are well accounted for. However, If you feel we have made an error, or if you would like someone from our team to re-evaluate your case, please raise a support request with the required details. If our team decides not to remove the restrictions from your account after an additional review, it's safe to assume that Plivo will not change its decision.