A Plivo standard account can be managed by multiple users based on the access provided to each user. Plivo provides 5 predefined roles to all its user which can be enabled from your Plivo account.
The 5 predefined roles provided by Plivo are:
- Owner: This role is assigned automatically to the user who created the account and the user has complete access to the account.
- Admin: Can be used to provide administrators access to the entire console.
- Developer: Can be used for users who primarily use Plivo API.
- Finance Analyst: Can be used for users who need access to payment and billing information.
- Support: Can be used for users who need access to Plivo data, and modify settings in the account.
Every user in an account has a role associated to them. By default, the user who creates the account is the ‘Owner’ of the account. Make sure you configure the roles for the invited users before sending the invitation.
You cannot change the owner of the account.
You can change the user roles at any point in time.
To provide any particular role access to another user, you will have to sent out an invite from the main account. To do this follow the below steps
- navigate to the User tab on your plivo account.
- Click on Add user.
- Enter the email address of the user that you would like to invite.
- Select either one of the predefined roles and submit.
This will send out an invite to the user whose email address has been specified. If the user does not have a Plivo account already, they will be prompted to create a new account. This new account created from the invites sent by the owner of an account is known as an Invited user.
An invited user will be able to user only a specific functionality of the main account. The access granted can be updated even after the invited user is created under the main account simply by selecting the relevant role.
If you no longer wish to grant access to that user, you can go ahead and delete the invited user. This is an irreversible step.
In case the user has not received the invite, you can resend the invite from your Plivo account.
Note: A user can be a member to all the accounts they are invited to join. There is no limit to the number of accounts that a user can be a member of.
In case you face any issues or have any queries, please contact our support team for assistance: https://support.plivo.com/support/home