Sender ID is the alpha name or alpha-numeric name or number which appears on the mobile phone as the sender of an SMS (It is used to identify who's sending the message to the recipient). Sender ID can be a number (i.e. a Mobile Phone Number) or alpha term such as PLIVO, PLVSMS.
Sender ID is useful in uniquely identifying your business and helps with brand recall amongst your customers.
SenderIDs are specific to each country and each of these destination countries have certain regulations which Plivo and its carriers need to comply with.
- For certain destination countries, SenderIDs are dynamic, meaning that they do not require pre-registration with the respective carriers for that country.
- For other destinations, SenderIDs do require preregistration with the respective carriers for that country.
For all destinations, Plivo will validate the use-case and company details and if manual checks are validated, Support will reach out to carriers to whitelist SenderID for the account so that customers can use the custom SenderID to send messages to these destinations.
The details required from the customer's end:
- Sender ID
- Company Name
- Message Template
- Use case: Transactional / Promotional
- Company Website
- Destination Countries
Customers need to keep in mind the below restrictions when applying for the SenderID feature.
- Sender ID can be between 6-11 characters depending on the destination.
- Sender ID cannot contain spaces or Hyphens.
- Sender ID's can be registered to a maximum of only 5 destinations.
- Sender ID cannot be registered for Promotional messages.
- For India the sender ID can be alpha sender ID of 6 characters only
- If you want to send messages to US/Canada using Plivo, the source number needs to be a US/ Canada Plivo number.
Sender ID cannot be registered towards US/Canada due to country/carrier regulations and restrictions.
By transactional messages, we mean:
- OTP messages
- Transactional Alerts
- Delivery Messages
Multiple Sender IDs are only supported on an account across different countries, but multiple Senders IDs for the same country is not supported on the same account. Eg. if you have registered the Sender ID "Plivo" towards Denmark from your main account, we would not be able to register another Sender ID say "PLVSMS" towards Denmark for the main account. But this can be achieved by having it registered for your sub-account.
Below mentioned countries do not require pre-registration. Customers can use a dynamic SenderID to send messages.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Virgin Islands (UK)
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Congo
Faroe Islands (Denmark)
Guadeloupe & Martinique (France)
Netherlands Antilles (Netherlands)
Papua New Guinea
Republic of the Congo
Sao Tome and Principe
For the below mentioned countries, pre-registration of Alpha SenderIDs is required.
United Arab Emirates
For the below countries Sender Id is not supported.
Cayman Islands (UK)
French Guiana (France)
French Polynesia (France)
New Caledonia (France)
Northern Maraina Island
Puerto Rico (US)
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
St Pierre and Miquelon
St. Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
United States Virgin Islands (US)
NOTE: Certain international destinations have additional charges for SenderID traffic. As it is subject to change, this information will be shared with customers on a case-to-case basis, after getting a confirmation from the respective local carriers.