Each number type (tollfree/long code/SC/Mobile/National) has different activation requirements and restrictions. This solely depends on the carriers' and country regulations, and Plivo does not have any control over it.
The activation requirement and restrictions for each country can be seen here.
Verification documents can be broadly classified into two categories:
- Address Documents: Regulations in some countries require the user to provide a valid address at the time of purchasing a phone number. The address provided should be a residential or business address of the user. It should remain updated throughout the use of the phone number.
- Identity Documents: Local regulations in some countries require the user to provide a valid identity proof at the time of purchasing a phone number. The identity information must be of the user. It should remain updated throughout the use of the phone number.
Address documents can be local address proof, National address proof or International/Global address proof.
- The Local Address requirement is an address in the same geographic zone where the number is being purchased. For example, if you are purchasing a German Local number (Berlin), only a Berlin Address proof is valid and considered.
- National address document means address has to be located anywhere within the country of the number procured.
- International or Global address is a valid address proof that is accepted globally.
What kind of documents are preferred for an Address/Identity verification?
- Business Registration Document
- For corporate user: Extract of the company register.
- For subscribers: ID & utility bill (phone bill or electricity or gas bill).
In case of any queries, do contact our support team for assistance: https://support.plivo.com/support/home