In this guide, we will explain the different sections of your Plivo invoice. You can always access your invoices from the invoice section of our billing page on the console.
Below is a sample invoice for a prepaid customer. The invoice includes:
- Invoice summary
- Usage & payment summary
This is the first section of your invoice, which contains the following information:
- Usage summary ID: A unique identifier for each month’s invoice
- Invoice generation date: 1st day of the month in which invoice is generated
- Name & Email: Account name & email which can be edited here.
- Auth ID: Your unique authentication identifier to use all the plivo services. You can read more about it here.
- Billing address: The billing address associated with your account. Please note that Plivo uses this address for tax calculation purposes. You can update your billing address anytime using the billing section of the Plivo console.
- Bill duration: Corresponds to the start and end date of the month for which the invoice has been generated.
Usage & Payment summary
The usage summary can be found on the first page of your Plivo invoice. This provides a summary of usage in the given month split by different Plivo products. You will typically find the following sections on an invoice
- Usage charges: These are either the pay-as-you-go or volume pricing charges that a customer has incurred by using Plivo products (such as SMS API, Voice API, Phone Numbers, etc) and services for the duration of the month.
- Recurring charges: These are charges that are billed to your account balance at regular monthly intervals. This includes Plivo phone numbers, shortcode rentals, and Plivo support plans.
- Taxes: Plivo calculates applicable state & local sales taxes, telecommunication taxes, and other taxes and fees on the sale of our services, in correlation with the billing address of a customer. You can read more about taxes here.
- Total charges: This is the sum of total usage charges, recurring charges & applicable taxes.
- Total payments: This reflects the total amount that has successfully been paid for the month’s invoice.