Yes, we do have some account level limitations on the number of calls allowed per second.
- Outbound API Calls: By default, all accounts come with a limit of 2 calls per second. All Outbound Call API requests are queued upon acceptance, then dequeued and initiated as per the Calls Per Second (CPS) configured for your Plivo account.
- SIP/Browser Calls & Inbound calls to Plivo Numbers: This limitation applies to outbound calls from SIP/Browser clients and the inbound calls to Plivo numbers. This is termed as Inbound CPS as outgoing call requests from SIP/Browser Clients are also inbound requests to Plivo. The default Inbound CPS is 10. Let's consider different scenarios of how this Inbound CPS will be applicable:
- Outbound SIP/Browser Calls: 11 calls
- Inbound Calls to Plivo numbers: 0 calls.
- Outbound SIP/Browser Calls: 0 calls
- Inbound Calls to Plivo numbers: 11 calls.
- Outbound SIP/Browser Calls: 5 calls
- Inbound Calls to Plivo numbers: 6 calls.
Note: This limitation is applied on your main account and not at sub-account level.
To request an increase in the number of calls you can make/receive per second for your account, please send us a message at the Contact page. (Due to extra costs incurred by carriers and server providers, a minimum commitment is required, depending on the number of calls per second you request.)