A Plivo Standard account can be managed by multiple users, and each can have different access permissions. Plivo offers five predefined roles that you can enable from your Plivo account:
- Owner: This role is assigned automatically to the user who creates the account. It has complete access to the account. You cannot change the owner of an account.
- Admin: This role provides administrators with access to the entire console.
- Developer: This role can be used for users who primarily use the Plivo APIs.
- Finance analyst: This role has access to payment and billing information.
- Support: This role is for users who need access to Plivo data and to be able to modify settings in the account.
Every user added to an account has a role assigned to them. You can change the user roles (except owner) at any point in time.
If you're on a committed monthly spend plan, you can provide access to another user by configuring a role for them and sending them an invitation:
- Navigate to Account > Settings > Team on the Plivo console.
- Click Add New User.
- Enter the email address of the user you'd like to invite.
- Select one of the predefined roles and click Invite User.
This will send an invitation to the email address specified. If the user doesn't have a Plivo account already, they will be prompted to create a new account.
An invited user may perform actions associated with their role in the main account. You can modify an invited user's role after the invitation has been sent by selecting a different role.
If you no longer wish to grant access to a user you can delete the invited user. This is an irreversible step.
If a user does not receive an invite, you can resend the invite from your Plivo account.
There's no limit to the number of accounts a user can be a member of.