This guide talks about things to look for if you face any of these issues while using Plivo endpoints to make and receive calls:
- Unable to log in
- Unable to make calls
- Unable to receive calls
- Call disconnected
- Poor call quality
Unable to log in
Make sure that you're using the right credentials. You can find the credentials on the console Endpoints page.
Username (25 alphanumeric characters are allowed) + 12-digit number added by Plivo
For example: <username> + 123456788910 (added by Plivo). No special characters are allowed.
Your password may be alphanumeric and may contain special characters.
Character limit: 32 characters
Alphanumeric characters are allowed, special characters are not allowed.
Character limit: 50 characters
Unable to make or receive calls
- Check whether the endpoint is configured properly and registration was successful. You can also trigger the retrieve an endpoint method to retrieve endpoint details.
- Make sure you've set up the proper application to the endpoint to make calls. You can use the direct dial app to make calls using an endpoint.
Direct dial: http://plivodirectdial.herokuapp.com/response/sip/route/?DialMusic=real&CLID= PUT YOUR CALLER ID HERE
You should have this URL as answer_url for the application that's assigned to the Plivo endpoint.
- Check the session expiry time that's set up in the softphone, hardphone, or SDK.
- If everything is fine, and if the call was not disconnected by the caller or call recipient, then please contact email@example.com so that our support team can investigate the issue.
VoIP call quality depends on the following factors:
- Caller and call recipient network connection
- Local network setup
- Caller and recipient’s phone networks
- Headset functionality
- Plivo’s partner carrier