This guide will cover a few of the issues you may face while using Plivo Endpoints to make/receive calls:
- Unable to login
- Unable to make calls
- Unable to receive calls
- Call disconnected
- Call quality
Unable to login:
Make sure that you are using the right credentials (which you can find here: https://console.plivo.com/voice/endpoints/) to log in.
Username endpoint field
Username: <25 Alphanumeric characters are allowed> + 12 digit number (added by Plivo)
For example: <username> + 123456788910 (added by Plivo). No special characters are allowed
Password endpoint field
Your password can be alphanumeric and contain special characters.
Character limit: 32 characters
Alias endpoint field
Alphanumeric characters are allowed, special characters are not allowed.
Character limit: 50 characters
Unable to make or receive calls:
- Check if the endpoint is configured properly and the registration is successful. You can also trigger this API to retrieve your endpoint details: https://api-reference.plivo.com/latest/go/resources/endpoint/retrieve-an-endpoint
- Make sure you have set up the proper application to the endpoint to make calls. You can use the direct dial app to make calls using an endpoint.
Direct dial: http://plivodirectdial.herokuapp.com/response/sip/route/?DialMusic=real&CLID= PUT YOUR CALLER ID HERE
You should have this URL as answer_url for the application that is assigned to the Plivo endpoint.
- Check the session expiry time that is set up in the softphone, hard phone, or SDK session timeout expiration.
- If everything is fine, and if the call is not disconnected by the caller or callee, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that our Support Team can investigate this issue.
VOIP call quality depends on the following factors:
- Caller and callee network connection
- Local network setup
- Caller and callee’s phone network
- Headset functionality
- Plivo’s partner carrier