An application is a set of answering, hang up, and messaging URLs that help you manage and control your incoming calls and messages. There are two ways to create an application:
- From the Plivo dashboard
- Through the Plivo API
To create an application from the Plivo console, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the application page on the Plivo console and click on “Add application”.
- Give a name to the application and fill in the URL according to the action you wish to take. Learn more about our application options in our Application docs.
- Click on “Create application”.
Assigning a Plivo number to your application
Follow these steps assign a Plivo number to your application:
- Navigate to the Numbers page.
- Click on the phone number you want to use for a particular application.
- Select the name of your application from the dropdown.
- Click on “Update Number” to save.
To create the application through a Plivo API, use the following API to create an application:
A list of parameters can be selected to add specifications to the application. See the parameters and get more details on the application in the application docs.